Giants Basketball Club Inc.
ABN 19 167 952 660
Notice Annual General Meeting and Committee Nomination Form
The Annual General Meeting for the Giants Basketball Club Inc. will be held on
Thursday 12th May 2022 from 6.00pm to 7.00pm
Abilities NQ, 43-47 Dalrymple Road, Garbutt
At the Annual General Meeting of the Club those members of the current Management Committee shall retire from office but shall be eligible upon nomination for re-election. Any two members of the Club shall be at liberty to nominate any other member to serve as an officer of the management committee in the following roles:
President Tenure 1 year
Vice President Tenure 1 year
Treasurer Tenure 1 year
Secretary Tenure 1 year
The following Committee positions will be available for nomination for the ensuing year.
Junior Registrar Tenure 1 year
Senior Registrar Tenure 1 year
Coaching Coordinator Tenure 1 year
Equipment & Uniform Coordinator Tenure 1 year
Training & Court Booking Coordinator Tenure 1 year
Junior Event Coordinator Tenure 1 year
Junior Fundraising Coordinator Tenure 1 year
Junior Social Media Tenure 1 year
Senior Event Coordinator Tenure 1 year
Senior Fundraising Coordinator Tenure 1 year
Senior Social Media Tenure 1 year
Committee Assistant Tenure 1 year
Nominations for the vacant Management Committee positions are to be received by the Club within 7 days of the Annual General Meeting being Thursday 5th May 2022 @ 5.00pm.
To nominate please click the link below.
Alternatively, please nominate in writing within the above mentioned deadlines to email@example.com, see the form at the end of this notice.
Positions left vacant after this date will be open until Thursday 12th May 2022 @ 5.00pm. If no nominations are received, nominations will be taken from the floor.
Please note should written nominations be received for each position, no nominations will be taken from the floor.
To be eligible to serve on the Committee you must:
• Be over the age of 18 years and be a financial member of the Club;
• Meet the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) Responsible Person’s requirements and sign the declaration herein;
• Agree to abide by and uphold the Basketball Australia code of conduct standards and participate in opportunities to increase your understanding of not-for-profit governance and compliance including attending governance training provided by the Club or Townsville Basketball;
• Not be a bankrupt or one who has compounded with their creditors or otherwise taken advantage of the laws in force for the time being relating to bankruptcy;
• Have not been convicted of an indictable offence or of an offence punishable on summary conviction for which the person is sentenced to imprisonment otherwise than in default of payment of a fine;
• Have a current positive notice Blue Card for child related activities;
• Agree to abide by the Board Code of Ethics & any other policies of the Association;
• Understand you must make attending committee meetings a priority.
Voting will take place at the Annual General Meeting and for positions where more than one nomination is received, voting will be by secret ballot.
Meetings of the committee will take place on a bi-monthly basis. As a committee member you will be expected to attend the majority of meetings.